“Over the year I have seen a complete transformation in [NEET young people referred to LYT]. I can proudly say they are in education due to LYT’s positive involvement with them.”
LYT is proud to be a key provider of free after-school and weekend drama provision in the London Borough of Lewisham.
We use theatre as a mechanism for change in the lives of the young people we work with. All our projects build life skills, develop communication and literacy skills and support gifted and talented young people. We work with a wide range of partners to ensure our projects reach those most in need of our services.
We work with partner to:
- Accept referrals for young people most in need
- Develop and fundraise for joint projects
- Run recruitment activities and publicise our services
Want to know what projects we are currently running for young people?
Check out our Youth Theatre page or call Sheryl on 020 8690 3428
For 16+ please see our Step Up page or contact Marilyn on 020 8690 3428
We are currently working with:
- CAMHS (Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service)
- Job Centre Plus
- Children’s Society – Children’s Centres in Area 1 & 2.
- Intensive Youth Support Workers
- Lewisham Homes
- Rose Bruford College of Drama & Performing Arts, Sidcup
- Royal Central School of Speech & Drama
- Wimbledon College of Art
- Goldsmiths University
You can download a referral form by clicking here.