I was part of the LYT [staff] interview panel. I have learnt how to listen and communicate, I know it will help me in my University interview.”
Members’ Committee is LYT’s Youth Leadership Board.
Joining the Members’ Committee will give you leadership training, event planning experience and an opportunity to make decisions about LYT’s activities.
What do Members’ Committee do?
- Meet 3-6 times per term to plan activities
- Run their own meetings as Chair and Secretary, supported by LYT staff
- Plan and run projects for LYT members (like the Annual Review and Opening Doors: Meet the Theatre Specialists)
- Volunteer on LYT projects as peer mentors, front of house crew and technical crew
- Represent LYT and talk about your experience with LYT at events and in your school
- Help interview new LYT staff
- Help LYT plan the programme, choose and develop plays
- Go to special events like meeting the Mayor at City Hall or the Duke of Edinburgh at Buckingham Palace
What do I get out of Members’ Committee?
- Skills in leading others and making decisions
- Experience in event planning
- Special theatre trips and opportunities to meet professionals in the world of theatre
- Lewisham Youth Theatre T-shirt
How Do I join Members’ Committee?
To join Members’ Committee, you must be in Year 7 or above and have taken part in at least one of LYT’s productions (as a performer or technical crew). You must be willing to attend meetings regularly throughout the programme year (September – August). You should also be willing to volunteer to help out on projects and productions.
Members’ Committee is supported by Team London and Thrive LDN :
The #iwill Fund supports the aims of the UK-wide #iwill campaign, which strives to make involvement in volunteering and social action part of life for more young people by 2020. The fund is made possible thanks to joint funding from the Government and the Big Lottery Fund – using money raised by National Lottery players.