“I was part of the LYT [staff] interview panel. I have learnt how to listen and communicate, I know it will help me in my University interview.”
Lewisham Youth Theatre’s Members’ Committee is an opportunity for our young people to make decisions and help plan the year’s activity.
In the past Members’ Committee have:
- Planned and run LYT’s AGM
- Organised Christmas events
- Attended Local Area Assemblies
- Sat on staff interview panels
- Volunteered as peer mentors
- Taken part in Lewisham Council’s consultation on The Broadway Theatre
Members have decided they need:
- commitment from young people who join the committee
- young people to have taken part in at least one project/performance at LYT
- attend meetings regularly
- be involved for a full year (autumn-autumn).